Eat + Drink
For all Harbor Island SC Dining options, here's our all-food list that includes Farm & Seafood Markets, Supermarkets, Food Stands, Carts & Trucks, and Restaurants. Vacation is a great time to try a new recipe or restaurant. You won't go hungry!
Bars & Restaurants
Harbor Island SC Dining and Take Out
Johnson Creek Tavern is the closest sit-down restaurant to the community next to the old Marsh Tacky Market Cafe location. Dollars added to the walls are donated to the Honor Flight Savannah charity, which provides veterans free flights to Washington DC to see their memorials.
Springtide Market & Deli is accessible to the public without a Fripp amenity card; at the Fripp Island gate, tell the security guard that you are going to the market.
Saint Helena Island
Try a famous shrimp burger at the Shrimp Shack across the highway from Gay Fish Company; they have limited hours, and it is cash only.
MJ's Soul Food
Foolish Frog in Frogmore
Gullah Grub in Frogmore
Island BBQ Grill across from Superior Coffee
BBC by Blackstone's (formerly Beaufort Bread Company)
Brody's Bar & Grill
Q's Chicken Shack - in the old LT's Restaurant location across from the Factory Creek Landing (Whitehall)
Fuji Japanese Restaurant in Hamilton Village
La Nopalera - behind Walgreens
Little Caesars in the Publix shopping center
The Kitchen in the Grayco Shopping Center
Q on Bay is BBQ with a view.
Rain-N-Bagels (formerly Palm & Moon Bagel Company) sells coffee, bagels, sandwiches, bagels by the full or half dozen, and cream cheeses.
Ribaut Social Club at Anchorage 1770
Off of Boundary Street
Off of Boundary Street: Beaufort Town Center
Off of Carteret Street
Dukes BBQ of Beaufort is open on Thursdays and Fridays.
Fat Patties (1/2 mile from Parris Island)
Waffle House - 3 locations in the Beaufort area
Carts & Trucks
with regular stops near Harbor Island SC
Sometimes your favorite foods are on wheels:
- Dice Pineapple serves Jamaican food.
- Golden Sun Filipino Cuisine serves Lumpia and other traditional Filipino dishes; check out their Instagram or Facebook page for the food truck's current location and schedule.
- Hot N Heavy BBQ
- Motor City Pops "Pop Cart" sells healthy gourmet popsicles; check out their Instagram for their cart route and festival schedule.
for Special Occasions or just in need of something sweet
Kilwins is Beaufort's location of this Michigan chain for ice cream and fudge.
Motor City Pops - gourmet popsicles with healthy options
Scout Southern Market's Sweet Tea Bar
Superior Coffee across from the Island BBQ Grill
Stellar Ice Cream - small-batch ice cream
Sweet Debbie Cakes, a home bakery owned by a Harbor Island Owner, customized cakes for all occasions
near Harbor Island SC
Local options for grocery shopping because you want to stay in, and you want to try all the variations of Frogmore Stew!
Saturday Port Royal Farmers' Market
Shop the Port Royal Farmers' Market for a great local one-shop-stop. This market is held year-round on Saturdays, 9a-12p, at the Naval Heritage Park. Some of the regular vendors include:
- 3 Sisters Organic Farm
- Adam's Farm and Gardens
- Baker's Nursery from Yemassee sells plants and flowers
- Beloved Coffee Roasters
- Bootleg Farm
- Brant Family Farm
- Brickyard Point Farms
- Buddy Roe Shrimp
- Calibogue Catering
- Castra Rota
- Fire & Rice Spanish Paella
- Franklin's Citrus Farm
- Hank's Lowcountry She Crab Soup
- J&J Carolina Kidz
- Jannie's Breads
- Keegan-Filion Farm
- Myers Family Farms
- Palmetto Kettle Corn
- Penny Acre Microgreens
- Rio Bertolini sells fresh pasta, sauces, and pizza dough.
- Sharper Edges sharpens knives, scissors, and gardening tools.
- Sprout Momma Bread sells fresh loaves of bread, including charcoal and sourdough varieties.
- Tuten Farms
- Two Smart Cookies
- Wimbee Creek Farm
- Yummy Buns Bakery sells cinnamon rolls, cookies, quiches, cheesecakes, galettes, muffins, bread, scones, pot pies, and more.
Tip: sign-up for their weekly newsletter on their website to learn about the week's scheduled vendors and online pre-order options from some vendors.
Also, the Lowcountry Raptors are regular visitors.
SC Certified Roadside Markets
The following markets meet the certification standards set by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture's Certified Roadside Market Program.
- Barefoot Farms is near Frogmore.
- Dempsey Farms U-Pick is about a 10-minute drive from Harbor Island. You may purchase produce directly from the stand or pick your own (seasonal).
- Lowcountry Produce Market & Cafe in downtown Beaufort and they have a roadside market location in Lobeco.
- Pasture Shed Farm is about a 12-minute drive from Harbor Island; this market sells fresh eggs, herbs, fruits, and veggies, and there are also fun-themed hay bale decorations, which are great for selfies.
Other Farm & Seafood Markets
Bradleys Seafood Market is on Sea Island Parkway.
Gay Fish Company is a must-visit for all Forrest Gump fans. They sell fresh fish, spices, and some frozen items. If the flag is out at the entrance, then they are open. Gay Fish Company is across from the Shrimp Shack. For phone orders and curbside pickups, call 843-838-2763.
Mainline Market is a small roadside market for seafood, essential groceries, fresh produce, beer, wine, ice, and bait and tackle; on Sea Island parkway, about a 2-minute drive toward Hunting Island.
Ole Timey Meats on Lady's Island is the only full-service butcher shop in the area; online ordering is available for pickups.
Sea Eagle Market at Village Creek on Saint Helena Island
Sea Eagle Market on Boundary Street in Beaufort
Food Lion #945 does not have options for pickup or delivery at this location.
Walmart #7181 is the nearest Walmart to Harbor Island SC; Curbside pickup is available.
of the adult variety
Harbor Island SC Dining - wine, beer & spirits
Bill's Liquors & Fine Wine has the best overall selection in the area for liquor, wine, and beer.
Beer Growler Fill-Up Stations
Q's Chicken Shack is in the old LT's Restaurant location across from the Factory Creek Landing (Whitehall)
River Dog Brewing Company in Okatie
RLB Distillery in the Beaufort Town Center (old K-Mart location)