The following amenities are available at the "BRC":
- Large Lap Swimming Pool & Kiddie Pool (Open April – October)
- WiFi (network name Beach_&_Racket_Club)
- Bike Rental (for HIOA office during the week. 843.838.5257)
- Tennis Courts
- Basketball Court
- Golf Putting Green
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Gym with cardio machines and weights
Information for Fishing and Crabbing on Harbor Island SC
Surf Fishing on Harbor Island SC
Tip - North end of the beach is best
Crabbing on Harbor Island SC
With so much beauty, Harbor Island SC is a perfect place to work on your photography skills or to use as a natural backdrop for a special occasion or family portraits.
Looking to book a photo session during your visit? Here are some photographers that have worked on the island:
If you are visiting during May through October, you may find evidence of sea turtle nesting and hatching. Harbor Island has a Sea Turtle Nest Protection Program that is permitted by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources.
Links for more information:
- Harbor Island Turtle Program - Facebook Page for the latest nesting and hatching news, photos and video
- 2018's Harbor Island Information - the Dos and Don'ts
- SeaTurtle.org - Harbor Island SC Statistics - the #s
You can support the Turtle Program through their Amazon Smile Referral Link.
When are the Turtle Talks? Check out the calendar below
Near Harbor Island SC Things to Do
Hunting Island State Park
Harbor Island is about 2 miles from Hunting Island State Park, South Carolina's most popular state park with a large beach, Nature Center and a Lighthouse.
Many Harbor Island vacation rentals will include a Hunting Island Park Passport to use during your stay. If not available, passes are available at the gate or online at the South Carolina State Parks Store.
Check out the Trails section below for a list of hiking trails at the state park.
EcoTours, Tours, Charters and Excursions
- Take a ride with Beaufort Biplane Tours
- Paddle with Beaufort Kayak Tours
- Beaufort River Tours
- Beaufort Tours
- Camelot Farms Equestrian Center is about a 10-minute drive from Harbor Island and beginners are welcome.
- Dempsey Farms U-Pick is about a 10-minute drive from Harbor Island.
- Higher Ground on Lady's Island near Factory Creek and Lady's Island Marina offers kayak and SUP tours and rentals, and they will deliver to Harbor Island.
- Janet's Walking History Tour
- Kazoobie Kazoo Factory Tour and Museum
- Reel Marsh Charters
- Sea Island Carriage Company
- Sea Islands Scenic Charters departs from the Port Royal Marina and the Beaufort Downtown Marina.
- SeaWolf Fishing Charter
- SouthurnRose Buggy Tours
- The Spirit of Old Beaufort
- Wimbee Creek Flower Farm in Seabrook for tours and flower design workshops
More Travel Resources
Links to other local and state travel resources: